Sunday, March 11, 2012

Skiing through Switzerland

Today was out big ski day!  We woke up at 7:00 am in order to get the most out of our all you can eat breakfast and make our bus to the alps.  At 8:46 we started our journey to the Alps.  We wore all our gear: helmet, googles, gloves, snowpants, and boots so we wouldn't have to purchase a locker.  We also packed light, each bringing our life pass and 20 Francs.  We got on the bus and after 20 mins of driving higher up the mountain I was starting to get altitude sickness.  Unfortunately, I threw up on the bus seconds before we made it to our destination.  It was quite the way to start the adventure.  The bus driver was obviously upset and charged me 50 Frances to clean.  We all pooled our money together and quickly got out of there.

It was the perfect day to ski in the alps.  It was a clear sky.  After my accident on the bus, I decided I needed to sit out and relax for awhile.  I needed to get acclimated to the altitude change and drink lots of water.  I sat in the lounge but I didn't mind at all because the view of the mountains was so pretty.

After lunch I was ready to hit the slopes.  We went down the easy hill since I don't have much experience with skiing but I would not say easy in the alps is easy.  The hill was absolutely huge! When we got half way I asked was that the hill but there was still more!  It was slippery at time and steep.  I had to continuously slow myself down because I thought I could completely wipe out.  I made it to the bottom in one piece.  The view while skiing was incredible.  I would never think in my life I'd ski next to mountains!

For dinner we made swiss cheese grilled cheese and it was yummy!





1 comment:

  1. Awesome pictures. Sure isn't like Hyland Hills and Ski Jammers

    ReplyDelete