Sunday, March 4, 2012

London Easter Egg Hunt

This occurred on the same day as my journey to the Olympic Park Stadium but I thought it was great enough to have it's own post.

After the Olympic Park Stadium, Greta and I travelled to Covent Garden to check out the Market.  It took us quite some time to find the actually market.  If you saw from my previous post getting places fast is not our thing.  On our walk we ran into a giant easter egg.  Starting on February 21st and lasting for 40 days, 200 giant Easter Eggs are scattered around central London.  It is called the Faberge Big Egg Hunt.  This event aims to raise awareness for charities Action for Children and Elephant Family.  The eggs have been designed by a leading artist, fashion designer, jeweler, or architect.  In Covent Garden alone we found 13 eggs and I hope we can find more as we tour more sites.  I will update this post with more pictures of eggs because they all have very unique designs. I found a total of 32 eggs!

{Egg #174 named Hope by Action for Children Young Hackney Carers}

{Egg #170 named Blooming of the Lotus Dragon Egg by Lotus Arts De Vivre}

{Egg #134 named Sao Paulo Skyline by MUMO for Wolf & Badger}
               
{Egg #13 Kingdom Crossing by Caio Locke}

{Egg #183 Seasons Change by Laura Oakes}

{Egg #10 wOL by Rebecca Sutherland (my favorite)}

{Egg #193 Chicken of Egg by Simon Tonks for Rogers Stirk Harbour + partners}

{Egg #184 One Eye Wide Shut by Lingjing Ying (another favorite)}

{Inside Egg #184 One Eye Wide Shut}


{Egg #96 Street Homage to Faberge by Zandra Rhodes}

{Egg #135 Tree of Life by Isharya for Wolf & Badger

{Egg # 114 Egg Hog by Victoria Scott (another favorite cause it has a hot water bottle like me!)}

{Egg #21 Dinosaurs by Rolanda Di Sessa Neto}

{Egg #91 On Egg Shell by Mechante of London & Zara Martin for Caspian Arts Foundation}

{Egg #158 Egg and Soldier by Steven Wilson}

{Egg #28 Seraphina by Natasha Mann}

{Egg #123 Busby by Rachel Waldron}

{Egg #152 The Obsidian Egg by Maria Grachvogel}

{Egg #92 Gregg by Brodie Neill}

{Egg #119 OOOOF by Kate Moross}

{Egg #206 The Mighty Moshi Egg by Moshi Monsters} - I thought there were only 200 eggs now I'm confused.

{Egg #149 New Day by Mr Hicks vs Marcelina}

{Egg #150 Baku Fairy Tale by Mr Anar Huspeynzada}

{Egg #148 My Baku by Asmar Narinanvayova}

{Egg #147 Rebirth by Leyla}

{Egg #85 Fuego De Hueve (egg on fire) by BULL}

{Egg #145 Harnessing the World's Wealth by Vanessa Raw}

{Egg# 94 Work Number 2620 by Bompas & Parr}

{Egg #190 Ovum Ferrugu by Fredrikson Stallard}

{Egg #151 Life is Beautiful by Mr Brainwash}

{Egg #37 Conchiglia by Hannah Griffiths}

{Egg #191 Baaaa-Bara by The Goring}

{Egg #161 Egg Voila by Chantal De Gaudio}

Then the week before Easter weekend I found all the eggs!  They had all been moved to a central location in Covent Garden.  I wished I could have taken a picture of each individual egg but I had a test to get to.





Other than the egg hunt, Covent Garden had a very good market.  Saturdays are arts and crafts day and there were a lot of crafts that I considered buying and might need to go back for some purchases.  In addition, there are a lot of street performances.  We found 2 different acts and watched them for a little bit.

1 comment: