Sunday, March 11, 2012

Paragliding through Switzerland

Today was our adventurous days to go paragliding.  After my events from yesterday I didn't think I'd be able to go but I was feeling much better.

We started the day walking though the town since our time to paraglide wasn't till 1:00 pm. There were many cute shops.  I wish I could have bought a swiss army knife but that would never make it through airport security.



1:00 pm hit and the 4 of us boarded the little bus to take us up the hill.  I packed myself a water bottle to keep my stomach settled.  On our way we picked up our 4 pilots (as they were called).  They were goofsters.  Once said he was a student pilot still in training and had only flown 3 times.  We picked straws for who was stuck flying with him and unfortunately Brynn lost.  We said our goodbyes to her and we parted to a different cliff for take off.  After the flight we learned that he likes to fool the flyers and has actually been doing this for the longest time.  Such tricksters!

My first good sign was surviving the 20 minute bus ride without throwing up! Yay me!  Then we hiked for 10 mins to get to the cliff.  My pilot hooked me into the harness and we were soon ready for take off.  I was pretty nervous but I thought I'd be worse.

In order to fly you walk for a little until the parachute is in the air then run until the wind picks you up.  My legs are so short that I couldn't run all the way and they were in the air early.  Once we got into the wind it was so relaxing.  My harness was a seat so I felt like I was laying in the air.  The hooked in our cameras so I was able to take lots of scenic shots.  There was also a company camera that took shots of me in the air.  The view was amazing.  We flew right alongside the mountains.  It was about a 20 minute flight.  When we were close to landing, my pilot asked if I liked roller coasters and he did a lot of spins.  It made my tummy turn but was very fun.

I was the last of my group to land and rather a not so graceful landing.  Our pilots were awesome and we were so glad we did this.  The most amazing experience ever!





Me and my Pilot Paschi before take off






1 comment: