Friday, January 13, 2012

Off to London I go


As most of you know I have decided to study abroad in London at City University London.  I will take three business classes and one or two fun cultural London course. 

I have finally finished packing.  The rest of my day involved moving luggage from my checked to carryon because of course my luggage is too heavy.  How can the airlines expect us to only pack 50 lbs for 3 months!! I think the luggage on it’s own weighs 20 lbs.

I have all my documents to pass through immigration all printed out and organized.  I have directions on how to get from the airport to my apartment.  I have numbers for my credit cards, phone company, and housing.  I think I am all set. 

There are two things I am most nervous about.  1. Losing my luggage.  No matter where I travel, whether plane or bus, I am always worried that I will get off and my luggage will not be there.  Usually it’s a short 4 hour bus ride from Madison and my stomach turns the whole time imaging not having luggage.  Now its going to be 8 hours of tummy turning.  2. Carrying my luggage up the stairs from the tube station.  I just checked online and one of the two stations I’ll be at will have a lift (elevator) but the other one won’t.  I guess if the airline loses my luggage I won’t have to worry about my second problem. 

I look forward to sharing my London travels with you this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment