Saturday, January 14, 2012

Just Touched Down in London Town

I made it here!! Even though the flight was 8 hours it actually went by pretty fast.  I had the row to myself and no one was sitting in front of me.  It was like I was flying first class.  I watched one movie then listened to music and fell asleep.  I think I slept for about 2 hours.  Once we landed we had to pass through immigration.  The line was at least an hour wait but getting through was much easier than I had expected.  I was so nervous about it for nothing!

After getting my baggage, me and the group (4 others) headed to the tube station.  It took us awhile for everyone to get their oyster cards and then we got on the tube.  Our luggage took up the whole walkway.  It was about an hour tube ride.  When it was time for our stop I got nervous that we wouldn't be able to grab and luggage and get off in time.  We prepared the stop before which was probably a really good idea.

Next we had to get our keys from our apartment's office.  This was our first cultural shock happened.  We got to Bedford Place and the street number was 19.  On the right we saw number 21 then 23 then 25 and so on.  On the left we saw 20 and assumed it went to 22 then 24 etc.  We couldn't find 19!! Then we realized the right side goes up by 1 and the left side was going down by 1.  Good thing we figured that out or we could have been walking in circles.

After a long walk from the office we finally made it to our apartment.  My arms we sore and I was exhausted and ready to sleep.  I haven't slept yet though hoping that I won't be too jet lagged.  That's all for now!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, it's DAD. I am sitting in my room Sunday night in Scottsdale, AZ on a two day business trip. Your blog has been fun to read and I look forward to three months of activities. Enjoy your day today and I look forward to skyping with you. I love you, DAD

    ReplyDelete