Monday, January 16, 2012

My Evening at Tower Hill

I started my day at a coffee shop.  I got a hot chocolate, croissant, and read my book.  Another thing that has been difficult to adjust to is walking across the street!  The cars drive on the wrong side of the street and I have no idea where they are coming from.  On the streets of most intersections it actually says in huge print "Look Left" or "Look Right".  I still get overwhelmed crossing the street.

After doing a few errands, including finally getting a cell phone, Eric and I went to Tower Hill.  We saw the Tower of London, Tower Bridge, and the Thames River.  I plan on taking a tour of this area later in my trip so for now we just walked around.  The Tower was first used as a palace and royalty lived there.  It was also used as a prison.  I was amazed at how big it was.  The general layout established in the 13th century is what still remains today. The Tower bridge is sometimes confused as the London Bridge but the London Bridge was just down stream. We ate dinner in that area and I had my first taste of Fish and Chips.  Eric ordered it as his meal and I had a few bites.  The fish was good I will get used to it.  The chips were delicious!  My tummy wasn't ready to be as adventurous so I ordered a flatbread pizza.  It tasted like Matza Pizza!! Wasn't very good.  Oh well.  Tomorrow I hope to go to the British Museum so more to come.
 Tower of London

Tower Bridge

1 comment:

  1. You look very cute in your scarf and boots! Great nighttime view.

    ReplyDelete