Monday, April 23, 2012

Telling the World I've Come home

After the 8 hour flight from London to Minneapolis, I finally made it home!

Studying abroad in London was such a great experience for me.  I really became comfortable in the city.  I knew how to navigate the underground system and loved when people would ask me for directions!  Being in London, I grew to love the city and its unique culture.

Having the opportunity to travel around Europe is something I may never have the chance to do ever again.  I was able to do and see everything I wanted to and am grateful for that.

I went to the top of the Eiffel Tower, saw the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland, stood at the Prime Meridian Line in Greenwich, skied and parasailed in the Swiss Alps, and drank a liter of beer at a beer hall in Munich.  Those memories and stories I will never forget.

Some things I am looking forward to in the U.S:
1. Hot and cold water coming out of the same spout
2. Being able to do my hair in the bathroom - England doesn't allow outlets in the bathroom
3. Home-cooked meals (that depends on my Mom hint hint)

Some things I am going to miss about London
1. Always something new to do
2. London Skyline - I can find my way home by looking for The Shard in the sky
3. The Tube and the red busses - I love using the Oyster Card
4. THE MARKETS! - My favorite being Borough Market
5. The West End - All the theatres lit up

No comments:

Post a Comment