Saturday, February 11, 2012

Singin' In The Snow


As everyone departed this morning for their weekend rendezvous, I chose to stay in London.  My morning started with a hunt for new boots.  Unfortunately, a few days ago the zipper on my brand new boots had broken and no shoe repair in town will fix zippers!!  I took a bus to Oxford Street and spent the day shopping.  I really enjoyed just walking up and down the famous shopping street.  Last time I went it was so crowded but with most people at work this morning it was easy to walk the streets.  I ended up finding a pair that will suffice.

On Oxford Street, I met up with Eric after his class.  I’m glad one of us is attending class this semester!  For lunch I had been advised to go to George’s Portobello Fish Bar.  It is supposedly famous and the best fish and chips in London.  It’s located in Notting Hill and was a short tube ride away.  We made it there just before the huge line.  It’s a tiny place.  We were able to sit on the only two stools but everyone else had to stand.  The walls are lined with magazine and newspaper clippings of write-ups of the diner (I’m not quite sure what to call it: restaurant, diner, dive, bar?)The fish and chips were very good and definitely worth going out of our way for a simple lunch. 

This evening was the most exciting part of the day! We saw Singin’ In The Rain!! This morning I went to the box office and purchased two FRONT ROW tickets.  I was advised to bring a raincoat and I’m glad I did.  The show was fantastic! I would recommend it to someone who wanted to see a musical in London. Being in the front row was fun.  During the number Singin’ In The Rain, water fell onto the stage and the character was dancing in the water and kicking it into the audience.  Everyone was laughing and we got pretty wet.
I was able to get a picture in front of the stage before the ushers told us no pictures!

As we left the theatre, it was SNOWING! We were now singing in the snow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment