Saturday, February 18, 2012

High Tea at The Orangery

Today me and my friends planned to go to The Orangery for high tea.  The restaurant is in the Kensington Gardens next to the Kensington Palace.  Kensington Palace is closed until March for renovation.  Rumor is it's being remodeled for Prince William and Kate to move into!  The Orangery was a very classy restaurant.  It used to be Princess Diana's favorite place.  We ordered the traditional high tea, which comes with four finger sandwiches, an orange scone, two small desserts, and a tea of your choice.  I chose a lemon and ginger tea and it was very good.  Our food came served in three layered plates.  It was like out of a movie.  Everyone around us was staring and laughing because we all took so many pictures.  First a picture of the room.  Then a picture of our tea.  Then pictures of ourselves with the tea.  Then a picture of the tea with the food.  Then a picture of our tea with each plate.  We were being very touristy but everything was so cute we couldn't help but take pictures!

Me and Brynn with our teas

Ham sandwich, cucumber sandwich, salmon lox sandwich, egg salad sandwich, scone with clotted creme and raspberry jam, brownie, and some delicious dessert with a crazy name.


The group at high tea
From left to right: Brynn, Me, Greta, Maddie, and Kate

Although the temperature is rising and it was in the 50s today, it rained and was very miserable. I can imagine the gardens are beautiful on a nice day.  The one day that it actually rains hardcore I forgot to wear my rain boots.  For those who don't know, I got new burberry rain boots that are my favorite and I even wear them when its not raining because I like them so much.  I was extremely frustrated that I didn't wear them today.  But I'm in London and I know it will rain again, probably real soon!

sunset to end our day

I don't know what's on my agenda for tomorrow.  Hopefully it is nice enough to go to a market.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment